by the Artist
I started this post this past Friday in very early spring... I'm finishing it today in full on summer. 80 degrees! Yes let's talk about color! The season to be bold. ...
I am not a trendsetter. I'm a trend watcher. A trend emulator. At the beginning of each season I watch for the trends that rise to the top in fashion and interior design. For obvious reasons. This year is really exciting blend of bold fresh colors, organic materials, fringy embellishments, tropical foliage and brass! I'm probably a little more enthused after living with winter white for the past six months! Oh bring on the color!!!
I made a list of what I will call my top 7 picks for Spring/Summer 2018. Seven is perfection right?
1. Tropical-palm fronds, lush foliage real or fake
2. Brass- bright brass is back as well as gold. Pair with saturated wall colors of navy, dark plums and gray
3. Stone and natural elements- organic feeling stoneware, and countertops
4. Colors- Pantone ultra violet, lavender, inky indigo blues, golds, deep teals
5. Embellishments- fringes on pillows, drapery
6. Bold colorful florals- on materials, wall paper
7. Patterns- batik, geometric